Best Products and Remedies for Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation (PE) is a hindrance to lasting longer than you usually do. The American Urological Association (AUA) has, after a small new study, stated that PE is also the most commonly occurring sexual dysfunction that is experienced by men. The statistical data counts about one in every three males in the age range of 18-59 as experiencing the issue.
Moreover, it has been found that there are three main types of premature ejaculation experienced by males over time:
- Type 1: habitual PE with strong erections; it may be present constantly ever since the patience reaches adolescence.
- Type 2: acute onset PE, with insufficiency of the erection as a common condition; generally, it occurs in young males. It has been understood that specific psychological or psycho-physical stress may trigger this response.
- Type 3: insidious onset PE, with insufficiency of the erection as a common condition. It is considered to be one of the evidence of declining sexual responsiveness in older males.
Embarrassing though, this common issue can be in its own right, and often at quite crucial times, we now have quite a few solutions to this problem.
What are the options for the treatment of premature ejaculation?
Enough, and considering the prevalence of the issue, studies are being performed further for even better options all the time. These range from normal lifestyle changes to different devices and medications — such as Super P Force, which contains the salt sildenafil citrate. Some of these approaches are mentioned below:
- Several behavioral techniques: These techniques are often related to the perception of what they deal with – that is, the psychological side of the thing. As is therefore obvious, it is very often recommended by doctors to keep away from sexual intercourse for a while, in which time you can focus on several other types of sexual play and free yourself from the general pressure of performing marvelously during any encounter. Masturbating sometime before intercourse is a more general approach-based behavioral technique and a simple one at that. These steps help you gain some confidence and assist in delaying ejaculation during the actual act.
- Pelvic floor exercises: The strong pelvic floor muscles have been understood to be involved in the control of the ejaculatory reflex and in enabling you to better delay ejaculation. It is therefore obvious that having pelvic floor muscles that are weak also means having an impairment when it comes to proper ejaculatory reflex. Doctors and therapists, for this reason, often recommend Kegel exercises for strengthening the muscles and advise against excessive bicycle riding for better results.
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation by electrotherapy: It is yet another technique and uses electrostimulation. It is done using a stick-on patch, which employs electrical impulses to help relax the pelvic muscles. As a result, premature ejaculation is effectively prevented. Interestingly enough, studies suggest that the said patches also treat incidences of erectile dysfunction.
- Applying the pause-squeeze technique: This is a popular one and also hugely favored even though it requires both partners to be involved. The pause-squeeze technique consists of squeezing the end of your penis once you’re about to ejaculate. It is done until the urge to ejaculate passes. It is another DIY technique — after the pelvic floor exercises — that is often recommended by doctors for increasing ejaculation time. Using this technique quite often may even lead you, eventually, to not have the need of using it for delaying ejaculation again.
- Condoms: Condoms generally work to affect the sensitivity of your penis, which then helps delay ejaculation for a considerable amount of time. The reason for this is that condoms contain various numbing agents, say benzocaine or lidocaine, or simply because they are made of thick latex making your penis quite insensitive.
What if you can’t be so patient all the time?
Of course, there are times when having patience is not entirely possible, or when using a condom is not really desirable. At such times, there are other solutions that can be put to use, such as:
- Premature ejaculation wipes and delay sprays: Fairly new and quite a bit like condoms, premature ejaculation wipes are healthy, anesthetic and disposable, and are most commonly available in the form of topical 4% benzocaine-moistened wipes. A study performed by the AUA and published in The Journal of Urology found that the use of wipes improves control of ejaculation and, therefore, the distress related to intercourse. Found to improve both the objective and the subjective symptoms of PE, these wipes lead to an overall increase in satisfaction with sexual intercourse . Delay sprays, on the other hand, work by being spritzed onto a penis. Understood to help delay ejaculation by about 4 minutes every 3 out of 5 times, these aren’t very different from PE wipes. Moreover, neither of these two things have any harmful or negative effects.
- SSRIs: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs, are also a more recent popular solution for PE. These include drugs such as dapoxetine, found in the market as Poxet 60 mg, which work by blocking serotonin reuptake the synapse since low serotonin levels in certain areas in our brain — as a result of too much uptake — have been known to induce PE. The use of SSRIs has been quite effective for the treatment of premature ejaculation.
Essentially, benzocaine is a topical anesthetic and is used in wipes as a numbing agent for the penile nerves and helps slow down the process of ejaculation. Poxet 60 mg is the next choice in case the benzocaine-based PE wipes do not work for you — one of the reasons for this could be the wipes’ making sex less pleasurable for your female partner/s.
What if none of these fit nicely?
Sildenafil has become the true savior of millions of men of different ages ever since its mass-market availability. However, that is generally for erectile dysfunction. But now, sildenafil has been observed as a drug that can increase confidence, perception of ejaculatory control, and also overall sexual satisfaction. Other than that, it also decreases the refractory time needed to achieve a second erection after ejaculating once. For this reason, sildenafil citrate along with dapoxetine, packaged as Super P Force, is now available in the market for the treatment of premature ejaculation too.
So, while the topical 4% benzocaine-moistened anesthetic disposable wipes are trustworthy, using only one of the many available approaches can limit recovery. Behavioral changes, condoms, and medications — including dapoxetine and sildenafil citrate — are, therefore, also recommended to guarantee better improvement. Nicely managed, none of these approaches are harmful either.